VtM/WoD Books or Other Media?

Home Forums English Forum Flood and Flame VtM/WoD Books or Other Media?

This topic contains 44 replies, has 23 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of iDenis iDenis June 8 11:51.

• #34300 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Sabbat-stalker
    mortal

I read the novelisation of underworld which is suprisingly good for what it is , I also recommend reading the “The Hound” from lovecraft which heavily ressembles a vampire .
    Just finished the first series of penny dreadfull which was good fun combining werewolves , frakenstein , vampire and darker things (not making reference to the african butler  ).

#34309 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Konrad Sutcliffe
    mortal

I just watched 30 days of night (2007). Is a good movie. Putting vampires in a new light. I recommend it.

#34326 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Хеми
    mortal

“God? There’s no God!” – best quote in 30 days of night) I like it too

#34330 Score: 0
    mortal
    Toreth said:

“God? There’s no God!” – best quote in 30 days of night) I like it too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-QIH87SbNk

#34366 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Sorrosyss

I loved the Underworld movies. The tone and coloring was amazing. It comes in for a lot of hate, but I really enjoyed the Queen of the Damned film too. Its soundtrack is still one of the best I have ever enjoyed.

TV wise, I watch The Originals, Vampire Diaries and The Strain. They’re ok, True Blood too, but I do feel as time drags on the stories tend to get less imaginative. (Diaries has got especially poor over time.) I have the Kindred series on DVD, and considering it was a mid 90s show, I still enjoyed it. Any WoD fan should check it out, as it does feature many of the clans etc.

Games wise, you could always replay VTM bloodlines. I managed to get it working on Windows 7 recently, and it still amazes me. I enjoyed the Legacy of Kain games when I was younger, but that series seems to have died an undeath. The Castlevania Lords of Shadow series is not too bad too, especially as you get to play as Dracula and Alucard.

#34414 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Astald
    mortal
    baron_badge

Nosgoth is actually a kind of spiritual successor to the Legacy of Kain series. It is the same world apparently but it is an arena shooter of human vs. vampires. I played it once, it was fun should probably try it again since it’s free.

#41134 Score: 0
    mortal

Im not sure if i can put this movie here but i just watched The Fearless Vampire Killers (aka Dance of the Vampires) from 1967. It is a comedy horror if you are bored you can check this up. This was one of my first vampire movies. Sarah was my childhood crush :))) , she was interpreted by Sharon Marie Tate.

#41509 Score: 1
    Profile photo of Antib
    mortal
    kindred_badge

I really love “Only Lovers Left Alive” and Anne Rice’s Vampire Chronicles (recent “Prince Lestat” was refreshing experience). There are old but good series of “Subspecies” and “Vampire Diary” (spin-off of “Subspecies”). Series are good in a way of old movie without computer graphics could be, it starts as a story of rivalry in a royal vampire family (which in comparsion to the VtM terms is funny and bears a lot of pathos, all pressed into a ruined castle) but from 2nd movie it evolves into fledgeleing vampire’s survival in 20 century Budapest.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 6 months ago by Profile photo of Antib Antib.

Ya! Ya! In his house at New Orlean, undead Lestat waits dreaming.

#42598 Score: 0
    Profile photo of KaderTheKindred
    mortal

I am so tired about vampire-soporific-love-story stuffs.

Wish to see more political, clans wars stuffs.

Or at least more “30 days of night” kind of vampires .

#44067 Score: 0
    Profile photo of J. Caulfield
    mortal
    kindred_badge

Yesterday I found “Blood Ties” from 2005 about Vampire living in Toronto. It’s decent… What I mean by decent? No  sparkling Vampires, no saving world, no god like power, – just single Vampire wanted to survive.

I would like to watch something in VtM style but there is nothing more except “Kindred”.

Personally I don’t like Underworld as the series. First film was decent with good plot and nicely portrayed vampire society and I liked it much, however next films (2 and 4) were more and more stupid. However I didn’t watch “Rise of Lycans”. Yet the rest is total garbage in which plot is poor excuse for fight sequences. Main heroine just getting more and more power and obliterate everything. Not to mention poorly portrayed future (cars from 70′ on the streets) and tones of plot holes. It’s pity that they didn’t decide to keep first film’s style.

In fact there is only a little films I can recommend, – most of it is more or less but just stupid some way. I get it, modern fantasy but I demand at least minimum common sense.

Recommended films:
    Interview with the Vampire
    Kindred: the Embrace

if you are really bored:
    Blood Ties (2005, Canada)
    Moonlight

Books:
    Anna Rice’s Vampire Chronicles (modern Vampire portray starts here, those books were also main source for VtM and VtR)
    Toreador clan novel and probably the rest clan novels from White Wolf
    Magdalena Kozak’s Vampire trilogy – one of best I have ever read in my life! About Vampire society and their wars in modern world. Currently only in Polish, Czech and Russian, soon also in English.
    Bram Stoker’s Dracula

If you didn't buy pre-order, now it's perfect timing to do so! : )

#44078 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Anubis
    mortal

I own a couple of the white wolf vampire clan books.

"The moon is my sun,
    the night is my day,
    Blood is my life,
    and you are my prey."

"Some are Born to sweet delight
    Some are born to endless night"

"

#44086 Score: 1
    Profile photo of Hades
    mortal

Daybreakers is so naaaah… Vampirism as a virus? No, please no. I prefer Underworld series. Minus the last movie, which was really, really bad.

I think Daybreakers actually introduces some concepts very interesting to this game:
    – the way vampires change when not feed something like that could happen in the game, same way that in VTM bloodlines you’d lose control if not feed – will make at least an interesting enemy to face in fights.
    – how would the world be if vampires openly rule the world, why is so important to keep secret, sorta could be a faction of vampires that wanted to expose vampires and then openly rule the world and more reasonable vampires prefer to rule in secrecy like it has been done for thousands of years.

Also the movie doesn’t present vampirism as a virus, the cure is a bit far-fetched but still the movie is a very interesting concept.

• This reply was modified 9 months, 2 weeks ago by Profile photo of Hades Hades.

To die is not an option.

#44087 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Hades
    mortal

I just watched 30 days of night (2007). Is a good movie. Putting vampires in a new light. I recommend it.

The comic is better.

To die is not an option.

#44092 Score: 1
    Profile photo of Hades
    mortal

Nosgoth is actually a kind of spiritual successor to the Legacy of Kain series. It is the same world apparently but it is an arena shooter of human vs. vampires. I played it once, it was fun should probably try it again since it’s free.

It seems to me more like an attempt to profit on the LoK games and lore of the past

Still waiting for a proper sequel to give Defiance some closure.

To die is not an option.

#44096 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Anubis
    mortal

It seems to me more like an attempt to profit on the LoK games and lore of the past Still waiting for a proper sequel to give Defiance some closure.

There was going to be a game called Dead Sun that got cancelled. It was going to be a a successor to the LoK series. You can find some leaked footage, and screenshots. I think it got cancelled summer of 2015. I haven’t done research on it sense then, maybe you should check it out. It has shadow of Mordor/ Darksiders/ God of War story and combat, meaning 3rd person arena stage fighting game.  Also check out Vampyr, it is a 1st person vampire storyline based game coming out in 2017(Don’t watch the trailers in my opinion they spoil too much). But I rather we spend all our ,money on Dogma cause an mmo has longer longevity and will be the only true vampire Mmorpg. 

In terms of VTM bloodlines I don’t like buying too many books , I prefer looking for the an iBook version cause you don’t have to spend the 60$-200$ on all the ink and material in them. Also it’s killing trees bruv… Lol #2016

"The moon is my sun,
    the night is my day,
    Blood is my life,
    and you are my prey."

"Some are Born to sweet delight
    Some are born to endless night"

"

#46089 Score: 0
    Profile photo of orestes1986
    mortal
    baron_badge

A few months before “Only lovers left alive” was out, there was another vampire movie that I liked. It is called “Byzantium”, I also like the leading actress in almost any film I have seen her

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1531901/

#46090 Score: 0
    Profile photo of orestes1986
    mortal
    baron_badge

Also, there are some games (choose your own adventure style) in steam as well as mobile stores that are WoD themed, and I think they are also backed by White Wolf. Look for “World of Darkness Preludes”.   There is also a mini-series, I had found in Steam but I cannot seem to find it again at the moment, I’ll update when I have found it.

Update: FOUND IT!!! it’s called “Judas Goat” (It was posted on White Wolf’s fan page, on Facebook, that’s where I saw it)

#46091 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Merca007
    mortal
    elder_badge

I would advise to watch series “with Kindred: The Embraced”

#46096 Score: 0
    Profile photo of OniDaimyo
    mortal
    baron_badge

Helsing.

#46111 Score: 0
    Profile photo of iDenis
    mortal
    baron_badge

I reccomend you guys to watch Teen Wolf Serie TV is not about Vampires but is really good.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1567432/?ref_=nv_sr_3

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum Statistics

Members Currently Active: 0
No users are currently active
Members active within the past 24 hours: 23
AiryKai, Asze, camdle2560, dividedby, DonPC, Excersus, FAV004, Frobozz, Iarwain, KillerManiac, Kronsef, laurent, Len, LinuxDonald, marcelomendes, Meracillia, November.Nighthearth, orxidz, Pariah, Regent, Tiffany, wayup, wurmphlegm
Forum Statistics
Threads: 497, Posts: 505, Members: 11,832