RussianEnglish

How to deal with players making other players vampires…

Home Forums English Forum Discussions How to deal with players making other players vampires…

This topic contains 35 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Oscar Cool Oscar Cool May 19 13:46.

• #45959 Score: 0
    Profile photo of OniDaimyo
    mortal
    baron_badge

That’s not how the Traditions work though and that’s just not really VtM. The Prince is in charge of that. If clan leaders are in charge instead it could get way out of hand and it also takes away a bit of power the Prince is supposed to have.

#45960 Score: 0
    Profile photo of camizzle
    mortal
    viscount_badge

I know it’s not. That’s why I said the we started out with the prince holding that power. When you have around a hundred hardcore rp’ers really putting effort into their storylines, and their talented in combat… the princes position will be a revolving door. I cycled in and out of the position three times. I was very good at written combat but so were plenty of others. When the princes position get in the way of your plots temporary alliances are made and the prince is out the door. I was clan leader for the Giovanni. We had strick regulations. You broke the rules I killed your character, period. One person in charge of the embrace hinders creativity which makes for shitty action. If a clan leader was irresponsible the other clan leaders and I conspired and killed him/her. It’s really not a big problem so long as those in power actually take the roles seriously so everyone can have fun. If they don’t? Kill em. Ta-da, problem solved. It starts clans war, and chaos… so much fun.   

She wears the guise of a woman, but I never thought of her as one, or even as a vampire, for that matter. She is Queen and castle both; Her dominion - the river Styx, the untold dead she's drowned in it - Her subjects

#45961 Score: 0
    mortal
    baron_badge

Our games had revolving Princes from time to time. That NEVER was a problem with approving Embraces.

#45962 Score: 0
    mortal
    baron_badge

Sounds like your Princes were frankly, weak, stupid and unable to deal with the position. Prince isn’t just some shiny title to take to get a few more traits to bid…/facepalm. Its a lot of responsibilities for said PC. That said a lot of players play Princes WRONG. You CANNOT just walk up to the Prince as a newly embraced vampire! NO! You have to go through the Seneschal or at least your Primogen or have your Sire introduce you.

#45963 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Adam
    mortal
    baron_badge

I am not talking about RP being fair, in that regard I 100% agree with what people are saying. All I am saying is that, from a REAL WORLD PERSPECTIVE, the game has to have some sort of balance otherwise alot of people will not get the enjoyment they want and will stop playing/paying which will force the game to end. 

#45964 Score: 0
    mortal
    baron_badge

More like force it to go F2P cash shop which I think it will be anyway. I’ve been wondering how they will make money already.

#45970 Score: 0
    Profile photo of camizzle
    mortal
    viscount_badge

No, it had nothing to do with wimpy princes. We were active role players. We liked conflict and generally starting trouble amongst the clans. Peace is always boring in rp, at least it was to us. I actually like I still have some of the rp’s saved.. maybe. I’ll look for them. The traditional VtM rp rooms that I visited and played in were really calm. No one really caused much trouble, the rp’s tended to be generalized everyday life rping. Most people did ripple the pond. It was the VtM FF rooms the had the constant action and typically the strongest combatants. I’m not sure what type of rp your use too. Was it table top, room based, or message board?   Also we should remember that while this is based off of WW’s VtM that’s not what this is. It’s new. That means there is no such thing as tradition as of right now.

On a side not, I’m curious how allowing barons and prince’s control business tax will work out. This open up a whole new can of worms.

She wears the guise of a woman, but I never thought of her as one, or even as a vampire, for that matter. She is Queen and castle both; Her dominion - the river Styx, the untold dead she's drowned in it - Her subjects

#45971 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Regent
    community manager
    viscount_badge

That’s not how the Traditions work though and that’s just not really VtM. The Prince is in charge of that. If clan leaders are in charge instead it could get way out of hand and it also takes away a bit of power the Prince is supposed to have.

This isn’t V:tM.

"We will be relentless in our pursuit for perfection. We won't ever be perfect - but in the process we will achieve greatness." - Vince Lombardi

#45972 Score: 0
    mortal
    baron_badge

No, just based on it.

#45973 Score: 1
    Profile photo of Regent
    community manager
    viscount_badge

No, just based on it.

To me, “based off of” something means it’s an extension of said thing. Ours is “inspired by” more or less.

"We will be relentless in our pursuit for perfection. We won't ever be perfect - but in the process we will achieve greatness." - Vince Lombardi

#45974 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Oscar Cool
    mortal
    baron_badge

I do wonder how you’ll work the embraces out then! Looking forward too it Though by my previous comment I made on this thread I do think the embrace should be something special to each player since it’s the start of their journey if they are going down the vampire route, I look forward to what happens!

Oscar Cool more like Oscar Uncool

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum Statistics

Members Currently Active: 0
No users are currently active
Members active within the past 24 hours: 24
Adam, AiryKai, Ameteon, bloodcultist, camizzle, Cayleb, Feilia, Felia, fizzyelf2017, GGlasco, Hex-Rx, Karavolos, laurent, malk616, Oscar Cool, Pedro1976, Perenium, Regent, RingStar, Tchey, Unterr, UrbanMagi, Windir, Wlfgaard
Forum Statistics
Threads: 477, Posts: 484, Members: 11,535