Discussions

Category News WARNING: Do not buy this game at the moment

07 May 2018 16:11 byWorldWarIV
Viscount

It's been a long time since we had any news from the developpers, so do not buy this game at the moment as it is incomplete and will probably remain so.

The fact that they haven't deleted this thread shows that litterally NOONE is paying attention, reckon one the prepaid time for the website is up it will be down and never be seen again.

Was there anyone else than Arykai and Regent anyway? I don't remember any other names.

OUR TEAM (from the Team Page):

denis

Denis "AiryKai" Petrov

CEO/Programmer

semyon

Semen "Vinsent" Zemlyanukhin

3D Modeler

julia

Julia "Yu" Litvinova

Concept Artist

alina

Alina "Tabermori" Zhuravskaya

Concept Artist

ruslan

Nathaniel Millijour

Graphic Designer

bryan

Bryan "Regent" Meehan

Community Manager

ruslan

Ruslan Atdzhanov

Sysadmin

ruslan

Christopher Angel

Lead Writer

ruslan

Eric Williams

Writer

ruslan

Jakub Fišer

Writer

The Shadow Man

Jesus with that many people working on the project you'd think someone would come and tell us something.

I would have to agree. I asked about an update to log into the game months ago and haven't heard anything. If anything the time frame between up dates has slowed to nothing. I have lost my backer status and if I could get the money I put into this game back I would.

I tried a couple of times on Twitter too, nothing.

Damn. I wish I had seen this thread before pre-ordering yesterday.

I have been able to download the game (albeit with some issues when I tried to use a gmail email address during signup), but when I create a character and try to enter the world it comes up with a System unavailable error, despite the server appearing to be online.

Have I just wasted my money on a dead game?

Sadly, you probably have. Really, to not even have the decency to stop accepting donations...

Thread still up, no responde from the devs. Facebook page is dead too. Too bad :(

I really want this game to happen, though if we hear nothing from the devs it seems unlikely it´s ever going to be released, or even partially finished.

Sad, really sad. I was hoping, like everyone in here that backed the game, that was going to be released. But after the departure of the Regent, i get the felling that this game is dead. =(

Yeah this long with no news and nobody responding...this game is completely dead...another waste of money...

Atleast Shadowskiss gives us an update or two every month...they just finished a new tutorial level

and it will be patched in soon . Game is still rough , in its current form...but hopefully THEY will keep working on

their game...

Sad to see this game doesn't look like it is going to happen.  Hopefully Shadows Kiss will continue to be developed and released

Still don't get what people see in Shadow Kiss.

The Shadow Man

I think we're going to have to write a warning in multiple languages, I think a guy just said in Polish that he bought the game and it doesn't work. Seriously, Dogma team, I hope karma bites you in the ass.

Ikr, at least I can see regular updates on their website, unlike here.

So, maybe the potential is high that it doesn´t become a disappointment like Dogma is.

Ikr, at least I can see regular updates on their website, unlike here.

So, maybe the potential is high that it doesn´t become a disappointment like Dogma is.

Knowing my luck its the one of the two that will be finished, it just looks cartoonish to me while Dogma always had a more realistic gritty look. So to me they always seemed artistically at odds, even with Dogma is never finished (for whatever reason, it is looking that way for sure) I will always stand by that I have not only prefer the Dogma style but have a strong dislike the style presented by Shadow's Kiss.

Alas I fear the perfect vampire game may never exist;

Bloodlines is a bugged masterpiece for sure but it is and always was unfinished (though completable) and shows its age for sure.

Vampyr has great story, atmosphere and nice dialogue but bosses are for the most part uninspired then reappear as normal enemies, no fast travel meaning travelling around the huge map is tedious plus I often get lost, dialogue repeats on common characters, there's no way to skip dialogue, as much as I like the 'Cursed by the Choice' idea it is a bit of a pain, enemies respawn ugh, the vampire skills are the most part practical but not very interesting, while some enemies you can run from if you come to a door, shadow jump or gate then you have to kill any enemies casing you in order to use them, many boss fights seem forced, the map always knows where you need to go but its not always clear how the PC knows and there's just too many enemies period.

The less said about Dark and BloodLust: Shadow Hunter the better, though I liked the angel idea from Dark.

The Shadow Man

I think this game is already dead.

Any news?

Jesus with that many people working on the project you'd think someone would come and tell us something.

Out of all those people, only two of them are actual game developers. One programmer (who's also managing the company) and one asset creator.

Looks like they spent all their money on writers, concept artists, and community managment before they even had a solid foundation for the game. We see this all the time. Developer gets excited about a concept, collects some funding, hires a bunch of people right away, and the money dries up before they're barely able to get off the ground. They forget to walk before they run.

RIP

You must be logged in to write here.