Discussions

Category Questions In game radio show

25 Apr 2017 15:56 bySilvia
mortal

Hi everyone,

As some/most of you might have played Vampire the masquerade - Bloodlines back in the day, there was an amazing feature at that time that made me spend a lot of time, in my safe heaven.

The radio was broadcasting a show called the "Deb of Night", where the female presenter Deb answered some calls along the night. Lonely souls, freaks and conspiracy investigator... they sometimes introduced common people commenting the recent events the player might have been part of, seen from the mortal society, or even host npc you could meet in the game in person. Of course, like any real life show, there were many adds as well, promoting stuff or places you might find in town, or even a politician pointing at the corruption of his rival in an upcoming election.

Al these little details brought so much life and constistency to the universe, they made it very pleasant to even sit back at home and enjoy the show, curious at any break of the masquerade brought by the recent events, or just to listen at Deb's mysterious voice.

So I was wondering, is a similar feature considerer for Dogma? In term of development cost, it's only some writting and voice casting, and could implement further shows as the months and the story progress. We now have some very cosy and well made appartement, and it could be a really nice addition to it, and to the lore.

What do you guys think?

For those who never player Vtm:B, here's one of the seven random "Deb of Night" shows aired during the game :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5f-5dnOmG0

[quote=45720] Hi everyone, As some/most of you might have played Vampire the masquerade – Bloodlines back in the day, there was an amazing feature at that time that made me spend a lot of time, in my safe heaven. The radio was broadcasting a show called the “Deb of Night”, where the female presenter Deb answered some calls along the night. Lonely souls, freaks and conspiracy investigator… they sometimes introduced common people commenting the recent events the player might have been part of, seen from the mortal society, or even host npc you could meet in the game in person. Of course, like any real life show, there were many adds as well, promoting stuff or places you might find in town, or even a politician pointing at the corruption of his rival in an upcoming election. Al these little details brought so much life and constistency to the universe, they made it very pleasant to even sit back at home and enjoy the show, curious at any break of the masquerade brought by the recent events, or just to listen at Deb’s mysterious voice. So I was wondering, is a similar feature considerer for Dogma? In term of development cost, it’s only some writting and voice casting, and could implement further shows as the months and the story progress. We now have some very cosy and well made appartement, and it could be a really nice addition to it, and to the lore. What do you guys think? For those who never player Vtm:B, here’s one of the seven random “Deb of Night” shows aired during the game : <iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/v5f-5dnOmG0?feature=oembed&wmode=opaque" width="690" height="518" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen="allowfullscreen"></iframe> [/quote]

This is something I think would be great :)

This is actually a wonderful idea and I'm glad to see I'm not the only one that thought of this :) 

Before the CCP WoDMMO had been cancelled I was working on a Late Night radio drama in a similar theme to Deb of Night. Got to a 4th episode before RL called and the community seemed to die back down again :(

Picking it  up again, but with more than one host and more than one show within an IC station.

The first one took place in NYC, but this latest one takes place in Louisiana a few miles from New Orleans in a small fictional town.

Would love to see the radio bit made part of this project in the future, it adds a nice atmosphere :D

I really like this idea :) . I also enjoyed the radio show. And coming from TSW, which kind of has / had their own radio show on certain nights, it would be really great.

War. War never changes.Since the dawn of humankind, when our ancestors first discovered the killing power of rock and bone, blood has been spilled in the name of everything: from God to justice to simple, psychotic rage. 

Well there are going to be more than one supernatural type. Could be different media outlets I suppose or yeah just make it some normal person talking about weird shit going on. Maybe even one day you might hear about something your PC did if it was big enough?

Pretty good idea :) 

You must be logged in to write here.