Discussions

Category Other Games Shadow's Kiss - Another Vampire MMO

I don't know how someone could be interested in both Shadow Kiss and Dogma; to me they are two ends of a scale. You got Dogma that actually feels somewhat realisitc in feel and you got Shadow Kiss which to me looks cartoonish and reminds of one of the worst things I've ever purchased BloodLust Shadow Hunter though BloodLust looking better so far.

The Shadow Man

I don't see what is wrong about supporting two games.

First nothing says if Dogma will ever achieve completion and it will be cancelled or not.  Second, I'm a PvE player and Dogma has open world PvP while this game does not, but then the devs of Shadow's Kiss have not really talked about PvP so far, which might indicate it won't be.  If Dogma is cancelled, or is launched but I don't like, at least I'd have another alternative vampire MMO to play with than none at all.

I'd rather have two options - vampire MMOs - to keep open.

I didn't not use the word 'wrong', I just don't see how someone could like both since they seem so different in how they are being handelled. I won't repeat my opinion in full since it is clearly written in my last post, I'd appreciate if you read more carefully.

The Shadow Man

I didn't not use the word 'wrong', I just don't see how someone could like both since they seem so different in how they are being handelled. I won't repeat my opinion in full since it is clearly written in my last post, I'd appreciate if you read more carefully.

To be fair your original post could have been read more as a question than an opinion. I have to side with Nothingness (That sounds a little strange) in that I think its fine to support two games of a similar genre that are taking different two different approaches on it. That being said, I certainly appreciate what Dogma Eternal Night has accomplished so far and have not been impressed enough with Shadow's Kiss to contribute to it at all yet, but it still has my attention.

If it was a question it would have a question mark and actually looks nothing like a question to me in the way it is written. Again I didn't say there was anything wrong with supporting both games. I simply think they are so far part in approaches I don't know how anyone could actually like both. I wish people would actually read what I say and take in what I am saying instead of making assumptions.

The Shadow Man

I don't see what is wrong about supporting two games.

First nothing says if Dogma will ever achieve completion and it will be cancelled or not.  Second, I'm a PvE player and Dogma has open world PvP while this game does not, but then the devs of Shadow's Kiss have not really talked about PvP so far, which might indicate it won't be.  If Dogma is cancelled, or is launched but I don't like, at least I'd have another alternative vampire MMO to play with than none at all.

I'd rather have two options - vampire MMOs - to keep open.

Me too! both games are interesting, but by the videos i have seen so far of shadowkiss i wish they choose beter music for the game cause the last video i saw, sounded like a D&D music, not a music for vampire games.

I used to play a lot...but now i know that compared to my gamer friends im just  a casual player.

Dogma eternal night is still better :)

agreed

I used to play a lot...but now i know that compared to my gamer friends im just  a casual player.

I have put money into both...while I would prefer a more realistic looking game...graphics in the end , never mean shit...I still play VtM Bloodlines regularly...not because of its graphics...but because it still , to this day , is one of the best RPG's ever created...

But my question here would be...when are they going to give us some type of news? anything , anything at all...its been several months since I have heard anything here...while crappy , cartoony shadowkiss , just patched , gave patreons an extra lair and some other little fixes . Gave us the lore and pathways for the nobel vampire destiny and have communicated some over the last few months...

I don't expect much , but complete silence for months is never a good thing , one way or the other...and even minor communication helps people know what is going on...

I will just keep watching both while I work on my Unity project and play VtM:Bloodlines again...this time I am thinking Nosferatu for a change...

Yeah I'm really starting to lose faith.

It's been literally half a year since Dogma has made an update... -_- I really want this game to succeed, but it's not looking great at the moment.

-Shadow is but the result of light.

@UrbanMagi

Has it realyl been that long, bloody hell that's ages. Its not even like we need much from an update, just enough to know they are alive and still at it.

The Shadow Man

With Regent gone, it looks even worse. He was one of the only one we had a bit of contact with.

I fear the VtM video game curse has spread to Dogma. Bloodlines had its fair share of develement issues and the MMO never even made it to completion.

The Shadow Man

You must be logged in to write here.